Multimetaal was requested to assist with the installation of five hook-up spools which had to be measured, manufactured, tested and installed immediately after drilling the well.
As the client wanted to start quickly, a 24/7 approach was chosen, which involved the multidisciplinary team of Multimetaal and subcontractors being on standby to start up immediately at any hour of the day within the expected time indication.
The work included:
- 3D scanning of the new connection points on site offshore
- Processing the data into a 3D model and converting it to workshop drawings
- Fitting the pipe including all angular displacements, misalignments and rotations
- Welding work
- Non-destructive testing (PT and Rt)
- Hydrostatic testing (@346 Bar)
- Deliver to the specially scheduled transport vessel at the port and install the pipe on site
- Provide all associated documentation.
All work was carried out under the supervision of the client and the inspection authority. The entire turnaround time per hook-up spool was completed within 60 hours, including two within 48 hours due to “emergencies.”